Category: (economy) (government) (politics) (United States)
Cutting The National Budget Doesn’t Always Cut It:
Some of the Right-Wing legislators – - – the ones I like to refer to as “The Budget Whackers” – - – the ones I think are more interested in reducing government expenditures on things that were originally designed to help people when they need help – - – things like what we often refer to as “Social Safety Net” programs – - – things like Social Security and Medicare and Student Loan Assistance and things that were designed to help people afford to purchase a home – - – and perhaps dozens of others like-minded programs – - – Some of the “Budget Whacks” seem to me to be interested in taking bread out of the mouth of the innocent so they can enrich the riches of the already too goddamned rich – - – well… that is the way I interpret things anyway!
This “More Austerity For The Poor” so the wealthy can flourish and live their hoity-toitie lifestyles more lavishly – - – kind of reminds me of Tsarist Russia or Pre-Revolution France – - – or something like that – - – This trend that I perceive – - – and it is strictly only my own personal opinion – - – by some of our trusty Right-Wad electeds up in Washington to kiss the asses of those who have at the expense of those who have a helluva lot less – - – this has all been tried before . . . more than once . . . and has failed miserably every time it has been tried.
It was tried during the great depression of the 1930s and all it accomplished was a longer and harder depression that might have otherwise been the case. Thank God for President Franklin D. Roosevelt and his “New Deal!” – - – the new deal saved a lot of rear ends including some that were already pretty well off even before the New Deal Programs went into effect. – - – And back in those days, there were plenty of puke-wad right wing types who were calling that iconic President such nasty monickers as “Socialist” – - – with a really nasty and disrespectful tone – - – much the same as some of the Hate Mongers like to call Obama in our own day and age.
And while I am on this kick here – - – It is my belief that some of the spiritual descendents of that same historic and now pretty much forgotten bunch of right-tard hooligans are the same ones who are doing all the bitching and moaning about the things that President Obama has been trying to get done to help The American People in their present state of fiscal difficulty too.
But some of that is a little beside the point now because I believe that all America understands where the Right Wing Radicals and their cohorts stand on the issues – - – and I believe that is why America chose to kick their collective political keisters when they gave Obama that second term that so many of them had been so loudly boasting they were going to prevent him from ever getting. You know folks – - – like up theirs! In my book – - – they got exactly what they asked for – - – and I think if they don’t change their ways – - – and pretty damned soon – - – there won’t be enough of their stinking filthy democracy-destroying ideology to even make a good memory as time marches on. I absolutely adore such a possibility and I pray to God every day that He do something with His Divine Power to deliver this nation from the evils of modern-day supposed-to-be-conservatism – - – the kind that does little else but obstruct and stand in the way of moving this nation forward again – - – just because they have a few sour grapes stuck in places where the sun doesn’t shine.
I have a few tongue-in-cheek propositions for the right-tards to consider when it comes time to make budget cuts – - – and here are a few:
1. How about we cut out all budget appropriations for our expensive and always-growing prison system and make one big centralized facility somewhere in the Western Deserts or in the frozen north, turn it into a combination detention and manufacturing facility – - – and have the prisoners “earn their keep” by making products which can then be shipped to places like Asia for sale in their retail markets?
I think before we do that – - – however – - – we need to get all the prisons privatized and into the hands of entrepreneurs – - – you know who I am talking about – - – “The Job Creators!”
Of course I am being facetious here – - – but I am also not unwilling to bet that some greed monger somewhere hasn’t already thought of a similar idea.
2. Hows about we get rid of school lunches for needy children and those pesky meals for senior citizens who might be shut-ins? I remember the days when there was no such thing and everybody seemed to get along swell back then. There were also less concerns with childhood obesity back when food was a little harder to come by too. I think we could save millions for the budget with just this one simple little move.
I wouldn’t be too quick to laugh this one off either folks – - – because I think there is probably some rightie somewhere – - – even at this very moment – - – pondering the best way to introduce this kind of idea and trying to find a way to make it sound palatable to the general public.
3. Federal Disaster Relief is another biggie when it comes to the Fed spending the taxpayer’s money isn’t it?
How I remember watching television back in the 70s, 80s and 90s listening to some of the arrogance from some of the governors in some of the so-called Bible Belt States looking into TV cameras and belching and flatulating on and on about how they would never – - – under any circumstances – - – ever take a dime of what they called “Filthy Government Disaster Relief Aid” – - – because “By God they could take care of their own and they didn’t need the “Gubmint” sticking it’s nose in whenever there was a natural disaster or something.
I also remember some of those same loudmouths on the same television set screaming, crying and pleading, “Where is the government? Why hasn’t FEMA done anything yet? We need food! We need medicine! We need shelter for our citizens! Where is that damned “Gubmint” when it is needed!” – - – yes I heard all that coming out of the mouths of some of the same idiots who had previously been so testosteronic and big and bad and brave – - – before Katrina and a few other things happened.
So how’s about we get rid of all that there “Federal Disaster Relief” nonsense, shut down FEMA and let the big and the bad self-reliant Radical Republican Big Wig Smart Asses actually shoulder the responsibility for “taking care of their own” with their self-reliance bullshit line of gab and blather when some natural catastrophe strikes? We could realize a savings of billions and all the Rightie Richies could say “Amen!” as they go out to buy a couple more mansions or another yacht – - – or something – - – gold-plated toilet tissue – - perhaps – - – softer corn cobs?
4. There is always “Unemployment Insurance” too!
Why would anybody in their right mind think for a minute that it is a good idea to pay people to sit on their asses and not do any gainful work through employment? Why should the hard-working taxpayers have to pay the way for those who aren’t working? Why do we need unemployment insurance in the first place? I don’t think we need it anymore since some of the big wig “Globalist” dickwads have apparently – - – apparent to me anyway – - – decided they can stuff more profits into their fat bellies by offshoring all the good American jobs – - -
Of course I am being facetious again – - – but I am positive that even as I write these words – - – some rightie-tightie has his or her drawers in a knot trying to figure out a way to make this exact same thing a reality for the good old U.S. of A – - – whadda ya wanna bet?
5. Veteran’s Benefits? Who needs Veteran’s Benefits? Was there ever a time during any Veteran’s time in Service when he or she did not receive every dime of pay due them? Were they ever uncompensated for the time they spent in uniform? What is all this “Veteran’s Benefits” stuff about anyway? They did their time and they got their pay and they received free health care for the time they were in service – - – what more can they possibly want from the taxpayer now that they have done their thing – - – carried out their duties – - – fulfilled their responsibilities? Why should they go on getting benefits after it is all said and done?
This kind of shit does not even make a bad joke folks because I happen to know there are already right wing idiots in congress who have – - – more than once – - – voted against extending Veteran Benefits at various times and who have also voted to cut funding for enhanced security at foreign missions for our ambassador corps and that I truly believe it was this kind of right-wing mindlessless that led to such horrible tragedies as Benghazi – - – and others that a lot of the numwad right wing radicals are trying to blame the President with even as I write.
My opinion is simple: There is never a way under the Sun or beneath the Heavens above that we can ever do enough for our Veterans and when some right-tard stands up and says otherwise or votes otherwise, I think they ought to be identified and sorely censured – - – and soundly sent packing at the next available election. But then everyone who reads this must remember – - – I too am a Veteran – - – so I am probably a little prejudiced toward the causes of Veterans – - – snark!
6. It is getting late now and I am getting tired of typing so I don’t think I really want to get into the subject of “The United States Postal Service” more commonly known among a select few as “Snail Mail.” I do know that it is an expensive thing to maintain and I do know that it is more or less a privatized corporation that somehow manages to still receive government money – - – or something of that nature – - – I definitely do not know all the details – - – but ever since I got my computer, I haven’t sent more than a few pieces of mail out – - – and I used to buy stamps by the handful! Times are a changing, my friends – - – but the plight of the USPS is another story for another time. I am sure some Right Cod-Knocker is working on a way to make millions out of the demise of the USPS if and when it should ever – - – God Forbid – - actually happen.
Enough crap for now!
You want my opinion on how to best balance the American Budget? My plan is simple – - – “Elect Democrats and keep on electing Democrats!”
We need another Clinton to balance the budget, dont’cha think?
Posted by John Liming at 6:33 pm